Ellen's mother was very strong and wanted to be very strong for her child. I have been told that every parent's worst fear is someday not being able to be there for their young and become so vulnerable that their world is beyond their control. Ellen's mother exhibited much of this behavior as she was struggling to tell her daughter how sick she was and how she had to go away for awhile.
While I could get a firm grasp of Ellen's mother's unyielding faith in God, I wasn't really able to tell much about her father. Therefor, I saw no similarities.
The way Ellen views her parents is much the same way most children that look up to their parents view them- as the all-knowing being. For all Ellen knows, her mother was the equivalent of how we view God. Ellen's dependency and relationship with her mother really has an effect on the well being of her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment